Wednesday, February 22, 2012

First Day of Lent

I want to write up a quick post about my first day of Lent, because I am off to such a good start!

Breakfast: Applesauce and black coffee.

Lunch:  salad I had brought from home, made with romaine, cucumbers, sweet peppers, and black bean/corn salsa. I also made a delicious balsamic vinaigrette last night to go with it. I seriously felt like a bar of gold the rest of my work day.

Dinner: Spinach and Scallion pancakes from the Everyday Happy Herbivore cook book. They were absolutely delicious, and so easy to make! They were spicy and savory, and the corn meal in them reminded me of the corn fritters my mom used to make me. I was actually disappointed that I didn't think of adding corn into the recipe. I will definitely be making these again!


I am so wrapping these babies up in foil so that I can throw them in the toaster oven at work for lunch tomorrow.

Have a good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment