Monday, March 12, 2012

Review: Vibram FiveFingers

I have been wearing these shoes for about two months, thanks to the mild winter that we've been experiencing here in Upstate New York. I absolutely love these shoes...

I know... They are pretty funky looking...




I could wear these shoes day and night. Wearing them is exactly like being barefoot, and I have noticed that since wearing them, my posture is better, and I no longer have pain in my hip. My legs feel stronger, I feel more balanced... Everything I love about being barefoot is embodied in these shoes.

I am the kind of girl that would go barefoot all summer long if it wasn't frowned upon in polite society. There are quite a few styles you can choose from depending on what your needs are. I chose these because I thought they would be great for when I go kayaking.

Vibram FiveFingers are great for those who:
  • Do yoga
  • Run
  • Hike
  • Travel
  • Love water sports
Before I got these shoes, I was wearing a pair of Merrell hiking boots exclusively, except for when I was dressing up. They also have Vibram soles, which I believe are of the highest quality. I have had my hiking boots for about four years, and they still look brand new. I feel like I can attest to the quality of Vibram soles, because of how long my hiking boots have lasted me.

There are many different styles to choose from, based upon what you want to use them for. I know that they look funny... I get stopped at least once a day from someone with questions about them! Sometimes, all I can say is "Yeah, they look funny... But they are amazing! Just like being barefoot!"

If you are a stickler to being barefoot, and are sick of people telling you that you need to put on shoes, then these are perfect for you! I also want to note that it took a few days before the shoes molded to my feet. It is also recommended that you work your way up to wearing these shoes a full day, if you are not used to being barefoot. You are using different muscles than you normally use, but it will be worth the wait!

I bought my shoes on sale (for 50% off!) from Eastern Mountain Sports. You can order them directly from this website:

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/index.htm

The shoes have unique sizing, so I would prefer trying them on at a store, or getting sized before buying them online. I hope you try them and love them as much as I do, even if they are funny looking. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment